We’ve had several guests ask us about where to buy the delicious tropical fruits Hawaii is famous for, so for all you foodies – this list is created especially for you!
There are farmers markets and fruit stands throughout the Big Island. The Kona side has plenty of them that you’ll want to visit during your stay with us.
Depending on the season you can buy fresh, local grown fruits such as bananas, pineapple, mango, guava, papaya, jack fruit and dragon fruit, as well as a rainbow of tropical flowers. Many of the local farmers grow their crops organically, making them extra tasty and nutritious.
Be on the look out for famous estate grown 100% Kona coffee and delicious homemade pastries, fresh fruit smoothies and other fruit delights. At most of the markets you will be greeted by live music from local musicians. If you love artisan crafts, many of the markets feature local artists who make uniquely Hawaiian handmade jewelry, pottery, clothing, photography, woodwork and carving. Hot food trucks and some local restaurants offer breakfast and lunch at the markets. Hawaii has a long tradition of welcoming visitors into the community, the Farmers Markets are a delightful place to experience that welcome and the spirit of Aloha. E Komo Mai
Farmers Markets near Kona
Farmers markets in and around Kailua Kona and Captain Cook (south of Kona)
Kona Sunset Farmers Market
- Directions: 74-5465 Kamakaeha Avenue. Makalapua Center – In front of K-Mart, Kailua-Kona
- Market days: Wednesday from 2:00 PM until dark
- More information: Kona farmers market
Kona Village Farmers Market
- Directions: At the intersection of Hualalai Rd. and Alii Dr., in the parking lot next to the Kona Public Library (across from Hale Halawai) in Kailua-Kona
- Market days: Thursday to Sunday from 7:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- More information: Kona village farmers market
Ali’i Gardens Market Place
- Directions: 75-6129 Alii Drive, Kailua-Kona
- Market days: Wednesday – Sunday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
- More information: directions and pictures of the Alii garden marketplace.
Ho’oulu Community Farmers Market
- Directions: Sheraton Kona Resort at Keauhou bay: 78-128 Ehukai Street, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
- Market days: Every Wednesday between 09:00 AM and 2:00 PM
- More information: Ho’oulu community farmers market
Keauhou Farmers Market
- Directions: Keauhou Shopping Center. 78-6831 Alii Drive, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740-2440
- Market days: Saturdays between 8:00 AM and 12 PM (noon)
- More information: Keauhou farmers market
South Kona Fruit Stand
- Directions: Between mile marker 103 & 104. 84-4770 Mamalahoa Hwy, Captain Cook
- Market days: Monday to Saturday from 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Sunday from 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- More information: South Kona fruit stand
The South Kona Green Market
Only vendors that offer 100% grown or made in Kona (non-imports) are allowed to participate at this Sunday Green Market.
- Directions: Located across from the Manago hotel in Captain Cook
- Market days: Sunday between 9:00 AM and 2:00 PM
- More information: South Kona green market.