We look forward to welcoming you soon to Dolphin Bay Cottage.
Please find below:
• address and directions • check in and check out information • house rules and other information for your upcoming stay.
E komo mai . . . Welcome
Dolphin Bay Cottage Address:
82-6289 “A” Kahauloa Rd, Captain Cook, HI 96704
Please be sure you are parked in front of the Cottage, not the House. The Cottage address (with the “A”) is on the upper left side of building when facing it.
– Check in is after 4:00 pm and is contactless.
– We will send you a text with your door code the day before your arrival and it will be activated on your arrival day at 4pm.
– The door with the keypad is on the side of the Cottage that faces the lawn. Walk past the porch and sliding door, follow the pebble path.
– Please let us know if you will arrive after dark and we will turn on the outdoor lights for you, please turn them off by 10 pm each night.
– If you have any problems or concerns upon arrival please contact me by text at 760-471-1245.
– There is information on restaurants and local activities in the Welcome Book in the house.
– If it feels quite warm when you arrive, either activate the A/C or open all windows and turn on fans. This is a great time to take a dip at Manini beach while the Cottage cools down.
Driving Directions from the Airport:
– Dolphin Bay Cottage is about 25 miles from the Kona airport
– As you leave the airport, turn right (south) on Highway 19 (Queen Kaahumanu Highway)
– Continue on this highway past Honokohau Harbor, Palani Street and Henry Street
– The highway number then changes to Highway 11
– Continue south for about 13 miles, keep an eye out for the mile markers
– Just after mile marker 111 there is a Shell Gas Station to the left
– You will then come to a large intersection with signal, continue straight onto Napo’opo’o Road
– Follow Napo’opo’o Road downhill
– After about 2.75 miles you will come to a stop sign, go right and continue downhill about 2 miles to the bottom
– At the bottom is a ‘T’ intersection with a stop sign, this is Pu’uhonua Road
– Turn left onto Pu’uhonua Road and go about 3/10ths of a mile to Kahauloa ROAD
– Turn right and go to the first street at the end of a green wood fence
– Turn right on Kahauloa STREET, follow curve to fourth driveway (third house) on left
– Turn in to Dolphin Bay Cottage driveway, the numbers are on upper left side of cottage
– Please follow these directions. GPS can often be misleading
Check Out Instructions:
– Check out is before 10:00 am. The cleaners will be arriving soon after your check out time.
– Please text us with your departure time if it is before 10:00 am.
– Prior to your departure please tidy up the Cottage:
• If there are dirty dishes please load and turn on the dishwasher before you leave. Be sure to use the correct soap.
• Put all trash and recycling in the cans near the washer/dryer.
• Leave leftover food in fridge. Do not dispose of in garbage disposal.
• Make sure the A/C, all lights, ceiling fans, electronics and appliances are turned off.
• Close all windows and doors.
– Fees for extra cleaning will be deducted from your damage deposit if:
• the kitchen is left unusually dirty, requiring extra cleaning;
• sand is found throughout the Cottage;
• other situations are found that require significant extra time for our maintenance personnel.
– No smoking in the cottage or anywhere on the property
– No pets allowed
– No events, parties or gatherings (including no wedding receptions)
– No overnight guests are allowed
– Do not hang wet towels, bathing suits, wet suits etc on the railings. Please use the bars below kitchen window and the line on bamboo fence for drying
– Do not take sandy towels or bodies inside – use the outdoor shower to remove sand and the hose to clean snorkels, etc.
– Quiet hours are from 10pm to 8am. Neighbors have their windows open day and night, please be mindful of how sound carries
– As is the Hawaiian custom, please remove all shoes prior to entering the cottage to protect floors
– Do not feed or invite the local cats or dogs inside, some have bad manners
– Immediately report any needed repairs or damage that occurs to Pauline
Wireless Internet Instructions:
– Connect to the wireless Internet network “DBH”, PW: 8083282064
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or comments. Happy travels.
Martha and Leonard, Owners and Hosts