We look forward to welcoming you soon to Dolphin Bay House.
Please find below:
• address and directions • check in and check out information • house rules and other information for your upcoming stay.
E komo mai . . . Welcome
Dolphin Bay House Address:
– 82-6289 Kahauloa Rd, Captain Cook, HI 96704
– Check in is after 4:00 pm.
– Check in is contactless. We will send you a text with your door code the day before your arrival and it will be activated on your arrival day at 4pm.
– Please let us know if you will arrive after dark so that we can turn on the outdoor lights for you, please turn them off by 10 pm each night.
– Do not overfill the refrigerator with warm food or it will stop working. If you block the vents marked in the upper area of fridge it will stop working. Should the fridge stop you must unplug it and wait several hours before it will begin working again. If you have a lot of food only put in items that are essential to keep cool. After a few hours you should be able to add more items as the contents cool down. There are coolers in laundry area if needed.
– If you have any questions, problems or concerns upon arrival please contact me by text to 760-471-1245.
– There is information on restaurants and local activities in the Welcome Book in the house.
– If you arrive in the middle of the day it can feel quite warm when you arrive. Open all windows and sliders and turn on all fans. This is a great time to take a dip at Manini beach while the house cools down.
Driving Directions from the Airport:
– Dolphin Bay House is about 25 miles from the Kona airport
– As you leave the airport, turn right (south) on Highway 19 (Queen Kaahumanu Highway)
– Continue on this highway past Honokohau Harbor, Palani Street and Henry Street
– The highway number then changes to Highway 11
– Continue south for about 13 miles, keep an eye out for the mile markers
– Just after mile marker 111 there is a Shell Gas Station to the left
– You will then come to a large intersection with signal, continue straight onto Napo’opo’o Road
– After about 2.75 miles you will come to a stop sign, go right and continue downhill about 2 miles to the bottom
– At the bottom is a ‘T’ intersection with a stop sign, this is Pu’uhonua Road
– Turn left onto Pu’uhonua Road and go about 3/10ths of a mile to Kahauloa Road
– Turn right, continue past Kahauloa Street to the next street: Manini Beach Road
– Turn right, proceed to the first driveway on your right
– Turn in to Dolphin Bay House driveway, the house numbers are above the garage door
– Park in front of the garage, make your way up the stairs on the left side of the house
Check Out Instructions:
– Check out is before 10:00 am. The cleaners will be arriving soon after your check out time.
– Please text us with your departure time if it is before 10:00 am.
– Prior to your departure please tidy up the house:
• If there are dirty dishes please load and turn on the dishwasher before you leave. Be sure to use the correct soap.
• Put all trash and recycling in the cans on the south side of property.
• Leave leftover food in fridge. Do not dispose of in garbage disposal.
• Make sure all lights, ceiling fans, electronics and appliances are turned off.
• Close all windows and doors.
– Fees for extra cleaning will be deducted from your damage deposit if:
• the kitchen is left unusually dirty, requiring extra cleaning;
• sand is found throughout the house;
• fish are gutted/cleaned on the property;
• other situations are found that require significant extra time for our maintenance personnel.
– No smoking in the house or anywhere on the property
– No pets allowed
– No events, parties or gatherings (including no weddings or receptions)
– No overnight guests are allowed
– Do not hang wet towels, bathing suits, wet suits etc on the railings. Please use the clothesline off the breezeway
– Do not take sandy towels or bodies inside – use the outdoor shower to remove sand and the hose to clean snorkels, etc
– Quiet hours are from 10pm to 8am. Neighbors have their windows open day and night, please be mindful of how sound carries
– Exterior lights off after 10pm
– As is the Hawaiian custom, please remove all shoes prior to entering the house to protect floors
– Do not feed or invite the local cats or dogs inside, as some have bad manners
– Immediately report any needed repairs or damage that occurs
Wireless Internet Instructions:
– Connect to the wireless Internet network “DBH”. PW: 8083282064
Please feel free to contact us with any questions or comments. Happy travels.
Mahalo for choosing Dolphin Bay House,
Martha and Leonard,
Owners and Hosts